Sunday 29 December 2013

Into the Unknown

As most of my fellow student friends can attest to, I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with all the decisions I need to be making, the changes that should come in my upcoming years and the unavoidable "What do I want to do with my life?", and "Can I make my dreams come true?"

It is hard to make this decision because most of my career interests won't exactly make me the money you seem to "need" to live comfortable nowadays. A dream job would bring me joy, but never require me to be out of touch with my friends and family. And don't we all want as many new experiences as  we can handle? To feel happiness and have the ability to help those less fortunate while bringing smiles to the ones who haven't smiled in ages.

Us dreamers, we absolutely need to finish our never ending bucket lists. I hope one day we can look at our faces filled with laugh lines and be proud of everything we accomplished and all that we contributed to this complicated world. With all this in mind, it doesn't make the life choices we are making any easier, if anything it makes them a lot scarier... But then again, life is about taking risks, chances and making mistakes. 

For all of you out there experiencing the same confusion, you are not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fly

The only way to get through it all is to keep moving. Throw on some Janis Joplin, dance around your living room and throw yourself into yo...