Wednesday 18 March 2015

Remain Calm

In my own little world lately. Making space in my life where positivity flows and creativity comes in abundance. My record player has been spinning track after track and my incense supply is quickly thinning out.  My car takes me where I need to be, and in my own little bubble I am able to concentrate on the "good" of my city. The skies, the trees... No exact details.

Yesterday I stood downtown and waited for the bus, for the first time in a long time. The feeling of our American culture's grip slowly tightening around me. Big pieces of plastic came barreling from a construction site, subway cups and napkins scattered around my feet. The people of downtown were hurried. Hunched over from the cold, clutching their briefcases, seemingly looking for the destination rather than enjoying the journey. Sitting on an intensely quiet bus where not one person chose to sit next to another - unless it was absolutely necessary. Row after row of people looking down at their phones. When I looked outside I caught three people running on indoor treadmills that overlooked a brick wall. My chest started to hurt. Is this what life we've become accustomed to? A hurried, cold, littered and artificial life? These feelings intensify my dream to move in solitude to a forest.

Bear with me, this does get positive. 

Stepping off the bus earlier than I'm used to, I need the fresh air and space. As I turn a corner I'm greeted with the most intense, and beautiful sky I've seen in awhile. It's like natures way of saying, "don't worry, I'm still here for you." It's so easy to get caught up in our busy lives, or to remain negative about the place we call home. My thoughts so quickly turned negative when I should have been focusing on my own positive space.

At the end of the day, all we can do is head outside and breath. Take life for what it is, but don't stop striving for what you consider perfection. For me, that is nature. I'll never let go of my dream of living in a forest, and one day I will... But for now I will remain calm and present, and remind myself everyday that change will come.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Fly

The only way to get through it all is to keep moving. Throw on some Janis Joplin, dance around your living room and throw yourself into yo...