Sunday 14 September 2014

Growth

Here we are gearing up for school again, pulling out our cozy fall sweaters and getting back into a rhythmic routine. I've had an incredible summer, and although it's not entirely gone yet I am already missing the time spent with friends and family, the long summer nights and days spent at the beach.

Nonetheless I have lots to look forward to this year - I am going to be graduating from the University of Winnipeg with my Bachelor of Arts in Rhetoric, Writing and Communications, I've returned to the my serving job for work, and I've made endless travel plans to keep my wanderlust intact.

This year is all about growth, I can feel in it everyone's state of mind. It's time to learn something new about ourselves, to spend time with our creative side and to focus on the things that make us happy. Start painting, writing, crafting and making music. Put your phone away and connect with a new friend or an old friend. Try out a new recipe or take a chance at making strawberry jam. Get outside while it's still sunny and spend as much time with nature as you possibly can. Organize your values and feed what motivates you to be your best self. Always be open to teaching and learning, and radiate the positive vibes you carry always spreading the joy that's in your heart.

It's time to let go of past burdens and allow yourself a release from the nagging question, "what could I have done differently?". Stop over thinking and relax your mind as you go about your day. No matter what you're doing, do it mindfully. Try not to text while reading, or watch TV while making dinner. Focus on the task at hand and enjoy your time spent doing it. Finally, we need to stop waiting for summer, or Friday, or for someone else to make us happy. Happiness is achieved when you make the most out of every moment and wait no longer for something to happen. Live in the now and appreciate every little thing.

What else can we do to grow this year?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Fly

The only way to get through it all is to keep moving. Throw on some Janis Joplin, dance around your living room and throw yourself into yo...