Sunday 13 October 2013

To Complain Less



A picture came up on my facebook news feed recently, encouraging me to try this, "try going one day without complaining, not even once. And you will notice your life start to change". It really stuck with me throughout the week and I have been making a conscious effort to complain less. Although I have yet to go a full day without any complaints, I am realizing how this little tip can result in me being a happier person. It's really simple when you think about it, if somethings bothering you there's no way you're going to make it better by complaining about it, so what's the point? Instead of complaining, I've been looking at the specific problem and thinking about why it's making me unhappy, and what I can do to change that. By doing this I find that I am dealing with my problems on the spot, or simply realizing they do not matter in the big scheme of things. School is a big one for me and it will always be stressful at times... but complaining about it certainly makes it worse. Instead, I just put my head down and do the work I need to. I serve at a restaurant which at times can push my patience and my frustration, but, instead of complaining about it to my coworkers I try to look at the bright side of things. Like the fact that I am still getting paid and that at the end of the day I will be proud that I handled myself in a professional manner.
To stop complaining is something that you and I will have to work at, because the majority of us don't even notice when we complain. First, we need to change the way we think and look at every situation. Try to stop yourself anytime you have a negative thought and force yourself to have a positive one. Soon this will come naturally and you will feel much better.  Positive thoughts are so good for your mind, body and soul. And life is too short to think negatively all the time.
Complaining is something we all do, and probably don't notice most of the time, but I promise if you make the conscious effort to complain less you will notice a difference. I am much happier, calmer and accepting of my stresses. I think my complaint free day is coming soon and I'm so excited for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fly

The only way to get through it all is to keep moving. Throw on some Janis Joplin, dance around your living room and throw yourself into yo...