Tuesday 5 February 2013

Take Time, Relax.

Lately I've been having lots of coffee dates, study sessions and hangouts with my best girlfriends. It's been really great and the discussions have been really insightful and have provided me with more awareness of my everyday life.
One of the more eye opening talks I had was that in North America, it's almost a social status to fill your days with stressful and unattainable plans.. so it's pretty much only acceptable to be busy 24/7, 365 days a year, for the rest of your life? Well I think that's wrong.
This year I've been taking the time to slow down. To sit down in the afternoon and enjoy a cup of coffee or tea, read my daily blogs or just sit there and reflect for awhile. I think it's so important to give yourself a breather and take the time to get in touch with your mind, body and spirit again. Meditation is a really great method to do so, I've only ever tried it once but it's definitely on my bucket list!
Now I don't usually make New Years resolutions but I think I might make a late one:
- To take the time to reflect, relax and spend time doing nothing without feeling guilty. -

When's the last time you took the time to do nothing? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fly

The only way to get through it all is to keep moving. Throw on some Janis Joplin, dance around your living room and throw yourself into yo...