Monday 25 February 2013

Cherish the solitude

I made a vow to myself today, to never have a boring life.
So far I think  I'm doing okay but, I think too many people fill their lives with stress and every bad thing that comes with it. Unhealthy eating habits, relying too much on caffeine, spending their downtime mindlessly watching tv and always feeling the need to be connected through technology. I definitely don't want anything like that during my time on earth. I plan to fill my days with good books, coffee dates and creativity.
The thing I probably hate the most is how reliant our society has become to cellphones. But it's definitely a way of life now, I know I find myself wanting to check my phone when it's really not appropriate.
The point of this little rant is to say that I think cellphones can be boring! There's nothing like a good old fashioned conversation rather than an iMessage or an email. Don't get me wrong, I am not against technology in any way. I think it's an incredible tool to keep in touch with the ones you can't see all the time and it definitely comes in handy more often than not, but I just think we don't always use it accordingly. I am to blame for that as well. So, as soon as it gets nice out in Winnipeg I plan to head out to my cabin for a cellphone/technology free weekend. I think it's the perfect way to root myself and do more with my time. I have a feeling I will be way more creative and much happier.
In my opinion, to not have a boring life you need to take every opportunity you can to experience new things, cherish your loved ones and keep your friendships alive, and most importantly do what makes you happy. It's inspiring to take risks and to step out of your comfort zone, something I am working on myself! So the next time you find yourself sitting in front of your tv for three hours ask yourself if it is really making you happy, if it is then good for you! But I have a feeling for most people, the answer will be no.



source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fly

The only way to get through it all is to keep moving. Throw on some Janis Joplin, dance around your living room and throw yourself into yo...