Monday, 10 June 2013

Summer is finally here. ☼

After a long and tiring winter/spring, it looks like summer has finally arrived in Winnipeg. I can finally enjoy my deck in solitude. With summer comes the urge to try new recipes, thrift new clothes and make a change in your life. Homemade iced green tea sweetened with agave nectar and coconut curry shrimp  have been some of my favorites lately, and Free People's Party Paint for body art you can design for the day, without the commitment of a real tattoo. I love how you can add a bohemian feel to your look using just a touch of paint. My paintbrush is full of moons, suns and dots lately. Soon the Sunday markets will be up and running to find jewelry, vintage treasures and fresh fruits and veggies. Now all I need is the sand between my toes and some vitamin D to keep me happy.
Summer is the time for beaches, bonfires, cigars and beer, friends, laughs and all around happiness. I plan to make the most of my summer, even if it's only here for a few months. 

Going into a new season I like to be influenced by a new quote/thought I have, here it is:

"Never stop dreaming and surrounding yourself with believers. Stay true to what makes you truly happy to find peace."











Photos by Kelsey Heide 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Fly

The only way to get through it all is to keep moving. Throw on some Janis Joplin, dance around your living room and throw yourself into yo...