Sunday, 7 April 2013

Cabo San Lucas: the right way


Journal, Day 1:

We left our foggy, chilled city of Winnipeg at 6:45am and departed on our journey to Cabo San Lucas to meet up with my Texas based family. Our party included myself, my sister, Megan, my dad, Jeffrey, my boyfriend, Stefan, my cousins, Kristi, Sara and Ryan and my aunt and uncle, Andrea and Don. Now I have to say right off the bat that my Texas family is very well off… And we are comfortable. So going on this trip is going to be an almost life changing experience to us Winnipeggers as we will be living the good life while we’re here. To give you some perspective as to just how incredible the service here is, one morning as we were having breakfast, Megan's hat fell on the ground and a waiter came by with a table to hold it while she ate... a table for her hat! His sole purpose in coming to the table was to provide her hat with a personal table. Crazy. Anyways, as we arrived at the Mexico airport and waited for the others to arrive, a local from the resort greeted us and our bags were put into a beautiful 9-seat van. The ride to the resort was full of catching up and assumptions of what lies ahead this week. As we arrived at the Capella Resort in Cabo San Lucas we were welcomed with fresh margaritas and a complimentary lunch of fresh seafood. 
Our room was unbelievably big, beautifully decorated and complete with two personal lounging pools. We quickly threw our swimsuits on and headed down to the pool area to indulge in watermelon mojitos at the infinity pool swim up bar. That night we ordered room service, shrimp, chicken and steak tacos and nachos and were in bed by 9 from complete travel exhaustion! 

I'm not going to post my whole journal entry for Cabo here but you get the point! After this we rented a yacht for the day, had an incredible spa morning, breakfast every morning and coronas and guacomole brought to our room everyday. It was definitely a trip I'm going to remember for the rest of my life, and the fact I had my family there with me was just the cherry on top. 
Here's a few highlights pictures to check out. 



From Left to Right: Me (Kelsey), Sara, Stefan, Megan, Ryan and Kristi




No comments:

Post a Comment

Fly

The only way to get through it all is to keep moving. Throw on some Janis Joplin, dance around your living room and throw yourself into yo...