Wednesday, 21 November 2012

Elephant Wednesday

Elephants are my favorite animal. There is no competition, they are so incredibly smart, loving loyal and typically gentle for how big they are. When I was in Chiang Mai, Thailand about a year ago I had the amazing opportunity to visit the Maesa Elephant Camp, where we rode on their backs, watched them play in the water and took pictures on their knees. From that day on I was in love. I did a lot of research on elephant camps and although it's hard to know how the elephants are really treated, I found this one to be quite humane. The trainers genuinely seemed to care about these animals.  Here are some highlights from that day.










Painting pictures, playing soccer and swimming. These animals are truly incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fly

The only way to get through it all is to keep moving. Throw on some Janis Joplin, dance around your living room and throw yourself into yo...